Wild Rice with Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Lentils
2 cups cooked wild black rice
4 onions cut into 8 wedges
4 cups diced butternut squash
4 cups kale, chopped
1 package Trader Joe’s cooked lentils
Sweet miso dressing (double the recipe)
I prepped this meal in a couple different steps.
1) Cook wild rice (this took about 45 min so plan ahead!)
2) Roast butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt at 450 degrees until soft
3) Roast onion wedges with a drizzle of olive oil at 450 degrees until soft
4) In a large bowl, combine rice, onions and squash. Add cooked lentils.
5) Chop kale and mix into the bowl.
6) Prepare sweet miso dressing and mix it into the bowl until well combined. Add sea salt to taste.
I prepared this over two days and when we sat down to eat it, I reheated each of our bowls to enjoy this hot. I loved the change to wild rice, which I haven’t cooked in ages, and the sweet dressing adds nice flavor. The dressing is actually one of Funk’s favorite things I make. In the past I’ve used the dressing on pasta salad, but it was just as delicious on this wild rice dish.